Sunday, June 3, 2007

Sometimes Love Just Isn't Enough.....

For decades (and perhaps centuries), most women are known to have been overly sensitive and analytical, and will usually create unnecessary drama when dating or in a relationship. It’s a fact that many men know this! Yet still so many of my friends will call me to discuss their arguments, disagreements, and squabbles they’ve encountered with their mates. I’ll listen and often quickly see the root. However, many women LOVE going on, ranting and raving, and beating the dead horse. Where on the other-hand most men will usually sit there and listen while she’ll bitch, complain, whine and moan. Most men usually will end up blowing off the “drama,” slam the phone, or walk out, and not really give a shit and give her some well needed space and time to think about what’s really the issue that doesn’t need to be screamed about like lunatic but discussed like a human being.

While reading an article in Oprah June’s edition, there was a very clear statement made, and it 100% makes sense. “Just because the chemistry and sex is great, doesn’t mean 2 people together work as a couple.” I discovered this out the long and hard way. No matter how much 2 people may care for one another and even love each other, if they don’t think similarly and agree on important issues and things, I will GUARANTEE that when in a relationship and when children come into the picture, many issues will arise and pose significant problems. Most men and women need to see that just like kissing needs to be “in sync,” most everything else needs to be, too. If one person thinks one way, which isn’t necessarily bad, and usually the other never agrees, I promise you this will cause more fights and tension than fun, and easy times. It happened to me; I lived through it. No matter what I said or how I explained it, Sebastian never wanted to see it my way until, it became too late, and he started to see I was too fed up to live the rest of my life will constant arguing and disagreeing. As the Maven I finally realized that being in a relationship and not thinking alike or being on the same page, most often won't make for an easy and happy relationship.

No comments: