Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Sunrise, Sunset

Many times, for whatever reasons, we don’t or won’t give “relationships” a chance. We’ll often meet a man or woman, have immediate attraction and chemistry, act on it, and then never hear from the person again. This may be fine if you are just looking to get laid or feel a warm body against you. However, I can say from my years of dating, there are VERY few men that have really made that “impact” on me. For many singles it’s easy to move from man to man, or woman to woman, but for others this isn’t the case. To bring a felt connection/chemistry together instead of just living in the moment or for just one random night can (for many) be torturing experience. It’s questionable if men understand or know this about women. While speaking with Enrique the other night, he was complaining that he can’t find a “normal” girl.

“Enrique, NORMAL? There is no true definition of normal; normal is how you perceive it to be.”
“Well, you know, just to find a girl who can be like my friend that is funny, playful, energetic, smart, and doesn’t complain, or ask too many questions and can get down and dirty behind closed doors whether it be a room in a house or the locked doors in the car!”
“Ha….Ha!”
“I could shoot myself for being so retarded and stupid. To think I let her slip away just because I was 24 and she was older. But I just thought, oh, I’m 24, so many pussies out there, why settle….WELL…..Seriously, what was I thinking? Now, at 26, every girl I meet I compare to her. I adored everything about her, and the conversation was always there, and the sex/connection/chemistry was out of control! Looking back I knew she liked me, even pursued me in her own way, and I was a total jerk for playing head games with her and never stepping up to the plate like I should have and trying to make it work. Who knows, I could’ve been off the market now, happy, fulfilled and content. But instead I’m sitting here, at my office on a Sunday night at 8pm, bored, horny and kicking myself for being such a moron.”
“Well, we’ve all been there. But, it’s frustrating and annoying when the guy plays the ‘yo-yo’ a little too much. It’s like, shit or get off the pot already! I know you like me. But, from all we experience and do in life, a lesson is ALWAYS learned. The question still remains, why do men and women keep playing games instead of keeping it real?

No comments: