Saturday, February 3, 2007

AN ARCTIC SATURDAY IN NYC

So I woke up early this morning after my long and very hectic week of filming. Was scheduled to see Lisa for a mani! After a mani, cabbed it to the West side for back to back appointments on the 1 bed coop between WEA and RSD.

All the appointments went surprisingly well, a shocker that was! All the customers were punctual, and actually showed interest my Southern facing 1 bedroom, sadly still no offers.

Enthusiastic about my piece on Online Dating live on the set airing in 2 weeks proudly mention it to everyone I encounter including from my whole office to all my clients from today a total of 8 more viewers will be watching and gaining advice from online dating.

Linda, a broker with Halstead, was sitting in the lobby waiting to show her clients the apartment. But upon introductions I managed to wedge it in about my debut. It was obvious that Linda could not ask me enough questions as she had been online dating herself and hence yet we find her still single. My advice to her was, stick with it and do NOT trust the photos they do not TELL the truth 99% all of the time! If you click with the person either via email, texting, anything where actual holding a phone and speaking doesn't happen, then meet for the date!

Photos, profiles, age, everything that goes into the stew of posting on an online dating site does not often speak with is the actual case when face to face. Personalities can be fabricated, guys who think they're "normal" are often loud, annoying, and like a pretty pair of shoes that looked better on the rack then on!

It was soon approaching my last appointment, a single, 41 year old Jewish girl, from New York, never married and was scared to post a profile because she was a principal. I told her not to be ridiculous or foolish. What if she was a divorced mother would that hold her back, a kid is a kid whether he/she has your DNA or not. She smiled and I saw her more relaxed and now open to posting a profile of herself online. As we kept walking she was going to her mom and I was headed like a wrapped up snow bunny to the Time Warner to meet yet another "prospect."

I was so frigid that I had to hale a taxi, oh don't you love it when you are really pumped about seeing a taxi with it's yellow light on. Approaching the Time Warner we were meeting in front of Pink, oh what a great store! He was there, yes, tall, yes green eyes, yes he told me he was on the heavier side, but more then the seasonal 10-20 pounds, I said, "hey Jordan" he turned and at first I was like oh boy another one bits the dust, and thought this will be a short lived date.

Jordan did not make himself out to be something he wasn't, except for the fact his 2 pics didn't really look too much like him. We strolled around the Warner, got verbena and green tea at Starbucks, and then he had the unexpected surprise of running into my cousins. WOW I'm Shocked, in my head I was thinking, oh god, what if they ask how we know each other, which knowing them they will ask, what will I say, what will he say, how will he be, will he lie? It was my mom's first cousin and his daughter with her little pumpkins! It was cold enough I think if it was near Halloween time, there would be no pumpkins they'd all freeze! But he came over, actually really was calm and let me do my socializing, catching up and of course little family gossip!

After he met the whole entourage we then continued to get to know each other. From our prior 1 phone conversation, I did think to myself that he wasn't where I would like a guy (I'll never call them men, they'll always be "guys" keeps me young at heart) to be stability wise. He was smart, went to Franklin and Marshall, and to BU grad, oh Boston my big fish little sea city, at times I do wish how I loved my Thursday night at Abe's and Met bar or Saturdays at Mistral, that tuna tar tar is undoubable the best I've had btwn east and west coasts! But since I'm still single living in NY I will stick to the restaurants here and hop to my next date who will hopefully make it to a 2nd and hopefully he'll pick a place wt tuna tar tar.

Dating Diva

No comments: