Sunday, February 4, 2007

IF I NEVER WAS AN INTERNET DATER.....

So it's a Sunday in Boston, I'm hung over from attending a Jewish charity event in Southie the evening before. Pasha(the dating princess bichon frise) and I are vegetating upstairs in bed, and trying to not eat the bagels, lox, and cream cheese Channel brought.

Mom and Emis (her son she never had and prince bichon frise)come upstairs to "hang out." The phone rings, it was a number I recognized from Bear Sterns. I pick up the phone and said "hello?, he replied, "Is Laura there?" I said, "this is she", I could tell it was a man, he sounded a little on the wise ass side, but then again, more times then not I tend to like a cocky(confident) guy. Who shouldn't? All that it shows is that the man takes charge and shows strength. Well he said, "Richard gave me your name and number because I'm in need for an apartment and you're "hot shot" broker with Corcoran." I said, "oh he did, did he?" "Ah, he didn't tell me you'd be calling, but sure,I'd love to help you find a place"! We went through the list I tend to ask any potential clients their, budget, salary, employment, location they are looking for, and all there contact info."

Dylan, he said. He gave me his phone number, work email and then proceeded to also making sure I had his personal email, an AOL email, my mouth opens up wide, I whack my mother's arm, and blurb out to him, "OMG we've spoken before, I have you on my AIM, we met on an online site!"

He replies, "Really, that is right, well I need a place, can you help?" He was HOT, I saw from his picture, "I said, SURE, you're in very good hands." He went onto call me his "full service real estate broker."

My mother was dying from this conversation, she couldn't believe it, the six degrees of separation yet again appears. Wow, I cannot believe we had spoken before this was insane. He suggested we meet at his place so I could get an idea of what he was looking for and the space he needed. I thought to myself, hot guy, apartment, buyer, customer, friend, connection, hook up, whatever I set up the appointment! This just is another example that you'll never know where it is your paws will land and go! Pasha by the way likes to steer hers towards Bloomies she thinks she'll attract a cutie in the men's department!

No comments: