Monday, February 5, 2007

Critical Mothers

My special and endearing Mother (I do LOVE her & she is my best friend) but Mom tends to voice her opinions about everything, from this is wrong to that should be changed, to I don’t like you in that color to why can’t you find a man? You go out with all these guys, aren’t any of them NICE? To, Why didn’t you like him, he seemed very “nice.” You spoke enough on the phone for the past several weeks. Oh, and that brings me to just because you speak with a guy on the phone and computer for weeks and “click” with him does NOT mean you will want a 2nd date OR to rip off his clothes and get wild with him in the sack!

My mother for years told me I’m “critical” and that I’m just like my grandmother. WELL it’s a wonder where I learned it from. Now I realize my mother is WORSE then me, (even though I love her and take what she says’s with a grain of salt!) this is what made me be such a picky little Maven about everything. I only want to look the best, be the best, write the best, find the best man and, WOW now I come to the realization that it’s all stemming from my grandmother to mother to now ME. Oh dear, what did they create?

Why are they so critical? Why do they think every guy I meet that I say is “nice” is the “one” and they want to marry me off, forget even marry off, they say if he was "nice", then why not go on a 2nd date and get to know him? Anyone can be “nice” but that does NOT mean you want to entertain that 2nd date let alone think about even walking down the aisle with this guy.

Nice is so generic. My shoes are “nice”, that was a “nice” restaurant, and I had a “nice” date last night. I want more then just the average “nice” from a man. Do you know I’ve never heard my mother say WOW now that was a very “special guy, you’re glowing; you must have had a VERY nice time, something is different about you this time.” Well that feeling hasn’t happened to me yet, so I still stand in my pretty shoes waiting to meet that “special guy.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DO YOU THINK IT WOULD HELP IF YOUR MOTHER READ THIS ARTICLE

Dating Maven said...

Actually my mother edited it for me! She was laughing and smiling!