Sunday, February 25, 2007

FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS

It was the night before Thanksgiving back in Boston. You are getting all “dolled up” for a night out, a few “pops” and are excited to go out see and catch up with old and new friends. Being back for break means living with your mother and “step father” under one roof, one can do quite an amount of late night “tip toeing” around! Thank heavens the bedrooms are on opposite sides of the house!

The horn honks, “Mom, I’m leaving make sure you take Emis and Pasha out so they don’t pee or shit in the house!” “Okay, have fun and make sure you have your keys!” (However mom was safe not to ask, “Do you have money?” WHY, because if mom asked, any smart kid or hustler would lie say “NO” hoping to score a few extra funds for the night!) I hoped into Courtney’s ML 500. We decided to make a “pit stop” prior to heading downtown. Courtney and I took one look at each other and said “Met Bar”?
Now ladies all of us know being back home during Thanksgiving week and single could leave for quite the, adventure, fun and excitement!

It was 9pm and the night was just about to get started. We assumed Met bar was packed; the parking lot was jammed! The valet took the car. I just love the “suburbs,” complementary valet is a delightful treat! It must be our lucky night; Courtney and I walked in and scored two seats right at the bar. Before we could take our jackets off we recognized several familiar faces, oh know we both thought, are we in for a night! Get the bartender’s attention before we begun to start “mingling” we craved for our cocktails!

A few rounds of drinks later we decide to head to Mantra. Of course it’s always nice walking in and having Andrew and Cameron greeting us at the door! The music is cranked; it’s so good that I almost forgot I was in Boston! Thank g-d for our boys we were meeting there, we were so taken care of! It’s like having surrogate brothers; they had the best table in the house, in front on the dance floor. I got a cocktail and began doing a room “scan!” My eyes spot Courtney checking out an old and very handsome platonic friend, Alan.

Alan and Courtney have been friends for years. He went to public high school, she private. They were those two people that everyone knew always were “hot” for each other and had the, “oh I want to fuck you look” written on both there faces. But, the trigger had never been pulled. Periodically they’d see each other from time to time in, New York, Boston, and Palm Beach but no shot had been fired!

I quickly saw her zone in and focus on Alan; she was blushing from “cheek to cheek” with that innocent devilish smile! I rolled my eyes; my dirty mind starts to wonder, “Oh boy, this could be her “lucky” night, the shot she always wanted! It was beginning to get more “hot and steamy” in Mantra. Alan had spotted Courtney too and began to sway towards her. Neither of them was aware my “eagle eyes” were watching their every move! They “pecked” on the “lipchee”; I knew they really wanted the full lip, but coincidentally each kissed part of the cheek!

Mantra was packed, 1:45am hit. Knowing I had to be up at 8am and cook for my family of 15 I was getting ready to end the night. My Mom was forbidden to touch anything that required cooking except for the peas so that left all the cooking for me! The wine had settled in and my bed was calling.

I approached Courtney who was still “catching up” with Alan. “Hey, I’m going to the bathroom and then I want to leave.” Wait, “I have to go to the bathroom too, Alan please wait here I’ll be right back.” Now, I knew Alan was single; I got the “411” on him from my “brotherly boy’s.” MEN, do NOT be fooled we women can read your dirty minds more then you know! I knew Alan would be thinking either one of two scenario’s, he’s finally going to “hook up” with Courtney or his starvation will lead him to swinging by “News’s” for some late night steak tips! Either was a “win win!”

Down in the bathroom did we ladies talk! If Alan was open to “after hours” with Courtney which WE all knew was the case then, I would drive her car home, leave it in my driveway, and she could pick it up at her “leisure.” As we walked up the stairs from the bathroom Courtney caught Alan’s eye. “Let me go speak to him and see what his plans are for after hours and I’ll meet you at the Valet, Ok?” Well, his plan for after hours was in fact to hang out with Courtney. So our car plan went into effect!

My phone rings, its 6am. I purposely left the ringer on knowing she’d be calling. “I’m in your driveway, come down.” I through my Ugg’s and North Face on; I was ready to kill her for waking me up. BUT, of course hearing the details was SO out weighing the killing! BEFORE she could even spill the beans, it was WRITTEN all over her face! She blurbs out, “THE SEX WAS GREAT, BUT BOY DOES THE BOY NEED TO TRIM!” MEN please, if you are hairy TRIM up and try and do it the day before the cleaning lady comes! Just like most of you men hate hairy women WELL let the Maven clue you boys in, MOST women HATE “monkey men!”

Courtney explained what I already knew. The sex was amazing; there was such passion, heat, and warmth. Was it so satisfying because they’ve been friends and wanted each other for years? Is it because they knew one day would eventually happen? Or, how many of you out there have recently made “new friends” ones who are not so old that you really are attracted to both mentally and physically, have the “chemistry” with, become friends, hook up, and end up having “sex” with? What does this all mean? Is this considered a “friend with benefits?” Will it ever happen again?

Well, in Courtney and Alan’s case yes, it happened two more times, once in New York and another in, Palm Beach. They still remain friends today. Alan is married and Courtney is in a serious relationship. Courtney really had the “high school crush” for Alan and would have loved trying to be in a relationship. She always wondered and asked herself why he never “pursued” her or wanted to try a relationship with her, was it timing? Was it the long distance? After all she was in Miami and him, Atlanta. What was it?

Since so many people at one time or another have experienced something similar, I asked some girls in similar situations about their experiences. Most of the women told me that deep down they had feelings beyond friendships for the guys but the men never tried for anything more serious. Men, do you not know when a woman likes you more then a friend with benefits? Why do most men not pursue a friend with “benefits” as relationship material? After all, the sex is good, both of you obviously like and are attracted to each other as friends and more. SO the Maven wants to know, WHY don’t you men go after the girl? Why not try to date a “friend with benefits” and see what happens? Why does it supposedly stop with just “benefits” and nothing more?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you single?? We would be great together. If I give you my email, can we converse?

Dating Maven said...

Hi Richard,

Thanks for reading my "blog." Yes I am "unattached" at the moment...please email me your contact info so we may converse!