Sunday, February 4, 2007

ONLINE CAN NOT ONLY BE TO MEET SINGLES BUT FOR HELP TOO!

So last night yet again I found myself surfing around online for singles, this is after my "couple" friends, Dean and Mandy stopped before going on their big night out for a few Bellini's. They'd asked me to join but I it was too cold out and the thought of motivating off the sofa and bundling up Vs. sitting on my sofa and hanging with Pasha wasn't even a debate!

As I started to "surf" away, I stumbled upon this profile. His screen name was Yonaton, figured he was Israeli with a name like that. Usually I tend to stick with Americans just because I think relationships are hard enough. See my fellow singles when you throw different cultures into the stew things tend to become more complicated, how are you raising the kids, parent involvement gets heightened, you'll hear your future "inlaws" say, "I don't want to hear about that kid being baptised or baby named or having bris." Oh dear, how do couples survive this "religon pressure?" All these issues eventually will cause tension in your relationship, trust me on this, I've heard it all from everyone in a "mixed religon" relationship. And I've been there myself, my past experience/relationship of dating a "South American." Great guy and yes, still friends but not a couple anymore!

But this Yonaton looked cute, so I figured what the heck. I went on to read his profile, dark, Israeli, moved to NY a year ago, and he was in the technology/computer industry.

WOW, this young lad is a computer "Wiz." I thought if anything this is just what I could use, someone who I didn't need to meet for coffee or a drink, but he would be able to help me in getting my Dating Diva website up and running. I immediately emailed him and within seconds he replied, "Diva? I'd be happy to assist you." I was like can you PLEASE meet me tomorrow, he agreed and came at noon. PHEW! One step closer to the cyber world of having my own site. WOW it's been years I've wanted to do this and finally still single, independent and free for a Sunday afternoon all this computer work was ready and waiting for me, it could be a nice Sunday break from surfing around the single online sites.

No comments: