Monday, March 26, 2007

A DATE....OR, MORE?

Text goes off on the phone. It was Jordan, change of plans, no Mantra.
“Let’s meet at Rumor, we have a table there, ok?”
“Hey guys, Jordan wants us to meet him at Rumor instead. Okay with you?”
“Yup!” Alex replies, “See you in 5 minutes.” The fun is about to start; after all, we’ve already had good eats and drinks, and now the party was only going to get better. I thought to myself, “I hope he says yes; she’d be so psyched, and relieved!”

We gave the Rover to the Valet, cut the line (thanks to Theo and George at the door), and spotted Jordan in the VIP section--gotta love the no line, and VIP pimped-out table we had. Bottles were brought over and drinks were being poured. I saw Alex out of the corner of my eye starting to approach Jordan. Quickly swaying over so I could hear their conversation, I decided to be the nosey big sister and eaves drop while Alex made her move.
“So Jordan, what are you doing October 12th?”
He looked at her, smiled, and replied, “Geez Alex, that’s far away for me to even think where I’ll be or what I’ll be doing.”
“Well, I have my nephew’s Bar Mitzvah and need a date, want the job?”
“SURE! I’d love to be your date; after all, at least you and I will be the best dancers there, can’t wait! Looking forward to it!” A big smile appeared all over Alex’s face; she was as happy as a girl or some guys in the shoe department at Bergdorf’s scoring a pair of Prada’s ½ off!

Alex runs over to me, “I know, he said, Yes. I could see your face light up and hear an ounce or two of the conversation! Ok, but now we need to forget about a night that is 3 months away and have fun here and now. Pour me another Veuve, please!” The rest of the night was a bit of a blur between the drinks and dancing, but it ended with us dropping Jordan off and Alex going home solo but in Bar-Mitzvah-date-bliss!

I’m sure Alex wondered what was going through Jordan’s mind like most girls do. Was he thinking the invite was going to be just an entertaining and amusing night, or was there more into her asking him than met the eye? But as many women and men may have more feelings than either knows, it’s anyone’s guess what the other is thinking. Why though, if feelings are there, won’t the man or woman come clean and express them? Are they afraid of hearing something they’re not ready to hear? Or, do they think if they just leave things unsaid and let nature take its course, things will just end up happening on their own and in due time?

No comments: