Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Just Sex?

In the beginning stages of relationships many of us are SO attracted to who we’re dating that waiting to have sex is sometimes NOT an option. While speaking with Daniel, we were discussing this new girl he met online and was starting to date. However, he clearly expressed to me that by no means were they “exclusive.” I thought to myself, well, how long should one wait until deciding whether or not to be exclusive, AND does having sex often imply that one wants to change the relationship from non-exclusive to exclusive? I tried to figure out what he was thinking and where he was going with this new-found woman, so I blatantly asked him,

“Have you slept with her yet?”
“Maven, nothing like being blunt and cutting right to the chase! Yes, we’ve had sex.”
“And it’s clear to her that you’re not exclusive?”
“Yes.”
“Interesting.....been there myself! Does she or you want to be exclusive?”
“No. At least I don’t, and I don’t think she does.”
“So then you’re both just enjoying each other’s company, and it’s just sex?”
“Well, I’m moving, so I don’t see the need for anything hot and heavy right now. I guess it just is what it is.”

However, while they were out Friday night, she managed to slip in how a friend of hers wanted to introduce her to this guy, and since he had just gotten back from Europe, her friend gave him her number.

“Well, we aren’t exclusive; you should go.”
“Yes, I know. That’s why I felt like I could tell you and it wouldn’t be a big deal. After all, you're dating others too, right?”
“Yes.”

“Dating others,” I thought that means dating....NOT HAVING SEX, DANIEL. Does this girl know you’re banging other chicks? And, is she banging other men? How does that make you feel?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to NYC Maven....Why dont you have a date lined up for everynight of the week..and yes that does mean you can sleep with them...why cant people date multiple people at the same time? eh....would you rather turn them into prepsters?

Dating Maven said...

Nothing wrong with a "cool" prepster! Love the alligator, golf, and tennis gear;)!

Anonymous said...

yes I know you do.....What ar eyou doing up at 345 AM? cant sleep alone? maybe you need some one to join you.

Dating Maven said...

Was up at 3:45am writing after going to a fundraiser....does anonymous have a name???

Anonymous said...

yes..I have a name...you know it well.

Dating Maven said...

Know it well huh? How so? From Boston o Nyc?