Wednesday, April 11, 2007

THE SILENT LOOK

He was tall with a full head of thick brown hair and blue eyes: good looking and toned. As many times as we’ve given each other the “look,” words were never said. One night while out in the city, I spotted my mystery guy, looking even hotter than he did when he was all sweaty and dripping in his mesh shorts and t shirt. Being that I don’t have a shy bone in my body, and he gave me the “look” as if to say, “I know…I know you from somewhere,” I slowly approached him. Yes, WOMEN, sometimes it’s ok to approach a guy. After all, if most guys want to act as if chivalry is dead or if they simply won’t take the leap, then I really don’t see the big problem in approaching. “Hey, you go to Equinox, right?” He laughed, “Yup! Can I get you a drink?” I smiled. Why when in certain atmospheres does conversation come so easy, but then in others seems next to impossible?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why is it that the only looks I get that I actually NOTICE are from guys I would never date? My friends all say that I'm cute and that plenty of guys check me out, but for some reason I seem to be oblivious to "the look" from all the guys I might actually like!

Anonymous said...

maybe you need to change the type of guy you would date. Obvioulsy what you want and what your goona get are different....so why not try the new..